Don't worry, there won't be any videos of people dumping olive oil on their heads--that just seems like a waste. We've got a tastier plan--challenge folks to use extra virgin olive oil each day for a whole week!Sound like fun? Well, you're part of the action, too! Next week, we're inviting you to participate in this challenge and share your ideas, photos, and recipes. We've also invited four creative food bloggers to participate and share their recipes--one per day from January 18-22.
Here are the rules:
- Use only extra virgin olive oil for all of your meals for an entire week. No butter, no vegetable oil or shortening.
- As long as it features olive oil, any type of food is okay--marinades, dressings, breakfast items, desserts, whatever! Be creative!
- Post the item, with a recipe, on social media using the hashtag #EVOOChallenge
Our blogger friends have been working hard on ideas for a couple weeks, so be sure to subscribe to each blog and follow them on social media (we hear there will be cakes, cookies, and all sorts of easy and fun ideas).
- Tara's Multicultural Table (http://tarasmulticulturaltable.com)
- A Passion for Entertaining (http://www.apassionforentertaining.com)
- Sew You Think You Can Cook (https://sewyoucancook.wordpress.com)
- Glover Greens (http://www.glovergreens.com)
Our goal is to identify LOTS of creative and easy ideas for using olive oil every day. The latest research recommends consuming at least 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil per day to realize the greatest health benefits (and taste benefits!). Consuming this amount (and more!) doesn't seem to be an issue with some folks. With these recipes, we hope to provide many answers to a question we still get during our tastings--"How should I use it?"
Please post photos to our Facebook page and use the tag #EVOOChallenge! Please also share your favorite ideas from posts using the #EVOOChallenge tag.
Let the challenge begin!
Now that the challenge is over, here are the recipes. Amazing stuff!